Canada’s history is an exciting subject. It gives you a particular idea about what life was like before and processes that lead to the modern state. Knowing the history of your country is crucial for general knowledge and the future. Here are 50 Canadian history topics you can write about. They are good as subjects of an essay or a project. Some of them deal with controversial events or movements while some explore general socio-economic, political tendencies. Here you can choose one of history essay topics to create a well-researched and unique paper.
History is a crucial subject. First, it teaches you to understand today’s world. Everything you witness today in Canada regarding government, mentality, or national/international politics has its roots in the past. No event ever happens without reason. If you want to have a better knowledge of causes and reasons – learn history. By leaning past mistakes, we try to avoid them in the future.
Another vital purpose of history is its importance for political science. Learning decisions that were made in the past we can witness the results to decide whether they were effective or not. It is also a great way to master your essay writing skills. If you are not sure about them, you can check how to write an essay for university.
When choosing history project topics, it is essential to find a discussible aspect. It might be controversial or debatable. Building an argument will teach you rhetorical skills. They are useful in life as we often want to be persuasive. To find a suitable subject, you may check out Canadian debate topics.
Always choose a topic that fascinates you and writing will become exciting!
20th Century Canadian History Essay Topics
- Establishment of the Royal Canadian Navy in 1910: Reasons, and Motivations.
- Role of Canada in World War I.
- Vimy Ridge Battle’s Importance for WWI and Canadian History.
- Controversial Society’s Perception of WWI as an “English War”.
- Canada’s International Relationship between the two World Wars.
- Discovering Regional and Social Conflicts at the beginning of the 20th Century.
- The 20th Century Immigration Waves: Influence on Society, Positive/Negative Effects.
- Suffrage Movement in Canada, Fight for Women’s Right to Vote.
- Wall Street Market Crash in 1929 and Processes It Started in Canada.
- The Great Depression in Canada: Causes, Impact, Results.
- The Mackenzie King’s Government: Resolution on Participation in World War II.
- Participation in WWII and Economic Boost.
- Explore the role of Canadian Troops in WWII.
- Social and Economic Change in Canada after WWII.
- Long Way to Independence: Exploration on the Relationship with , Colonialism, and National Identity.
- Bilingual National Identity Development.
- The Importance of the Old Age Pension Institution and Its Influence on Society.
- Reasons for Newfoundland’s Joining as the Tenth Province.
Want to dive into questions of national identity? We gathered all actual Canadian identity essay topics in a new blog post.
Controversial Canadian History Topics
- Internment Camps in Canada: Reasons, Context, Results.
- Were Internment Camps Necessary?
- Separatist Movement in Quebec in the 20th century and its Influence on the Country.
- Front de Libération du Québec: Were The Methods Justifiable?
- Quiet Revolution and the Modernization of Quebec.
- Should the Constitution Be Signed by all Provinces? Explore Quebec’s position.
- Establishment of the Income Tax in 1917 as “temporary wartime measures.”
- The controversy of the 1928 Supreme Court Act that stated Women are not “Persons” to be elected to Public Office.
- Struggle for Equal Rights for Female and Male Workers and Society in the first half of 20th century.
- Cold War and the Establishment of NATO: Should Canada have joined NATO?
- Quebec’s Separation Referendum and its Impact on the Country and Provinces’ Equality.
- Jeanne Sauve, first female General Governor of Canada, Her Government, and Politics.
- Manitoba Schools Question.
- Immigration Policy, Its Development, and Results.
- Establishing Bilingual Society and Its Influence on the National Identity.
- Controversy Behind Aboriginal Assimilation.
Unique Topics On Canadian History For College Students
Here are several more Canadian history essay topics you can benefit from. Pick one of them for your university paper or to use as a debate subject.
If you need examples of an essay or more information, you can check out research paper writing service.
- Explore Results and Benefits of the USA-Canada free Trade Agreement.
- Canadian Historical Role as a Peacemaker.
- Development of Canadian Identity and Contributing Factors.
- The BNA Act and the Constitution (1982).
- Cold War in Canada and Communist Fear.
- Relations Between Provinces and the Country.
- The Regina Riot and Its Justification.
- Radical Political Movements in Canada.
- Differences Between Participation in WWI vs WWII.
- International Policy vs Non Participation in the Vietnam War.
- How The Cuban Missile Crisis Affected USA-Canada Relationships.
- World’s Peacekeeper Role and National Identity.
- 1960’s Tension between French and English Provinces
- The Industrial Revolution and The Working Class.
- Bennett vs King’s Governments, their measures against the Great Depression.
- National Identity in 20th century vs in the 21st century.
By choosing interesting Canadian history topics, you are investing in the success of your paper. Pick a relevant one for your interests that has a scientific value. This list of topics on Canadian history may inspire you for future research and if you need - ask us for fast history homework help. Or you can take one of them directly to create an interesting paper. It is important to learn history to prevent mistakes in the future. It is also crucial to understand national identity.